Saturday, March 3, 2018

Tenses -


Grammar Focus

Future Tense

We use the modal will to refer to the future.
(Q) What will you do next year?
(A) I will quit my job.
(N) I won’t work here anymore.
(Q) Where will you be next year?
(A) I will be in Europe.
(N) I won’t be in Asia.
(Q) Who will you go with?
(A) I will go alone.
(N) I won’t go with anyone.
(Q) When will you leave?
(A) I will leave in September.
(N) I won’t leave until the 22nd.
(Q) How will you get there?
(A) I will fly of course.
(N) I won’t take the train.
(Q) Will you have a phone?
(A) Yes, I will have a phone.
(N) No, I won’t unfortunately.
Short Answers
Yes, I will.
No, I won’t
be sure / think / hope
am sure I will miss home.
think I will have a good time.
hope I will make new friends.
will not = won’t

No comments:

Post a Comment