Saturday, March 3, 2018

Tenses - Present continuous

Present Continuous

We use the present continuous when an activity is in progress.
(Q) What are you doing?
(A) I am working.
(N) I am not having fun.
(Q) What is she doing?
(A) She is working out.
(N) She is not breathing hard.
(Q) What is he doing?
(A) He is watching TV.
(N) He is not paying attention to me.
(Q) What are they doing?
(A) They are playing cards.
(N) There are not talking to each other.
(Q) What are you doing?
(A) We are getting ready to leave.
(N) We are not planning on staying.
(Q) Are you working?
(A) Yes, I am.
(N) No, I’m not.
Continuous vs. Simple 
We use the present continuous tense for an action that starts and finishes within a reasonable time.
We use the present simple tense for an action that is repeating or ongoing.


No comments:

Post a Comment